Sunday, April 08, 2007

Second verse, same as the first, but a little bit louder and a little bit worse

I have a few good friends who I see almost every morning. They all know I'm Jewish and I've been more than happy to explain different holidays, beliefs and practices to them.

So I was more than a little surprised when I got an e-mail from one of them today that ended with this line:

"Hope you are having a great Easter!"

Mind you, she's not overly-religious and doesn't even consider herself "Christian." I've had long conversations with her about how we don't believe in Jesus. So I'm very confused.

I appreciate that she's thinking of us, but once again, what part of "Jewish" confuses people?

Here's your public service announcement for today:
Jews do not believe in Jesus. *

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

*Messianic Jews do, but they're not really Jewish. They are, by definition, Christian. I refer to them as, "Christians in Jews' clothing."

No comments: