Sunday, December 10, 2006

I'm tagged and grateful.

Giselle has tagged me for this journaling challenge. Okay, I'll bite (no, not really. Well, yeah really, but that can get kinda TMI, so the only thing I'll bite right now is my tongue). This looks like it's right up my alley.

I went to the generator (see Giselle's post) and it gave me H.

Here are 10 things that start with the letter H for which I'm grateful. I'm not gonna take days to ponder this. I'm following Giselle's lead and just going with the ones that pop into my head.

1. Heroes (the people, not the show). Granted, I'm grateful for dh, his friends, and our family members who are heroes because they're veterans, but I'm also thankful for everyday heroes. Everyone out there has their own hardships to endure. Some people shoulder through those hardships and go on to give back in ways that are just astounding. I am lucky enough to have known some of those people. I'm forever in awe of them and I'm trying to decide on a huge life change as a direct result of one of them. A number of my friends are my heroes for different reasons. You may not consider your life to be exceptional, but just by being your funny/caring/sweet self, you are touching lives in ways you may never full understand.

2. Hiltons (as in Paris and Nicki). To quote Dr. Seuss, "You ought to be thankful a whole heaping lot for the places and people you're lucky you're not." :-)

3. Huge goofy grins. I just glanced over at a picture of the kids that's here on my desk and in it, Girl1 has her typical huge funny-looking grin. All my kids have mastered that. It cracks me up.

4. Home. I am so very thankful that we have been able to create our home wherever we happen to be. I love this Oliver Wendell Holmes quotation because I think it's so perfect for a military family:“Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.”

5. Horseradish. Hey, it makes everything taste better.

6. Help. I don't like to ask for it, but I'm SO very thankful that there are those around me who are willing to offer their help.

7. Help! No, I'm not being redundant. I'm refering to the Beatles' song.

8. Hope. Um...I can't think of any way to explain this one. It should be pretty obvious.

9. Harry Potter. I LOVE those books. My husband loves those books. My kids love those books.

10. Head (the one on your shoulders. GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!). Because um...er...I guess without one, life would suck. "Your feet are going to be on the ground. Your head is there to move you around." Sorry. It's stuck in my head (no pun intended) and I had to share the joy that is that song with you all.

Oh, oh, oh, and I'll add a bonus:

11. Hebrew. It's the language of my people. My children sing the same Hebrew songs that their great great great great great grandparents sang many years ago. It's a tie that joins Jews together. And besides, without it, I wouldn't have a name. :-)

Now, does anyone else care to join the challenge? This could prove to be very interesting. What happens when the generator gives one of us the letter X? There are only so many X things for which I can be grateful.

Ut oh. I just had a flashback to my (now former) SIL's bridal shower. I didn't go (It was in a different state. I couldn't stand her. And to top it off, her brilliant goy family scheduled the shower for Tisha B'av), but I was assigned the letter V. Oh, you stupid stupid people! I almost considered going just so I could give her the PERFECT V gift (a vibrating cucumber).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a brilliant gift for your SIL. ;)

Anonymous said...

I got 'x' it is over on giselle's blog.