Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Dog

We are getting a dog...TODAY. blink. blink.

Dh has a friend at work who's deploying soon and needs someone to take his puppy. We are that someone.

Before we were married we had plans to get a dog, but like I've said a hundred times, dogs just don't fit well into the military lifestyle (as is made evident by the fashion in which we are acquiring this dog and that this is not the first of dh's friends to have this dilemma). I've also insisted that we will not get a dog until we move (when dh is no longer in the military).

What's that line about "Best laid plans?" Um...yeah.

So, as of this evening, we will have a dog. No, the kids don't know yet. We're going to surprise them. Plus, that way, if this falls through for some reason, they won't be crushed.

We're getting a dog. Pardon me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.

No comments: