Friday, December 08, 2006

I get by with a little help from my friends.

I love my friends.

My friends keep me smiling. They keep me laughing. They keep me sane.

Yeah, one could argue that last part, but at least they keep me as sane as I'm gonna get.

I don't have anything specific to report, but I've just gotten a lot of support lately.

I adore my husband. For those who see us together, we may not seem too lovely-dovey, but at home at night, we are (and I don't mean it in the TMI way although yeah, that too). He's my very best friend. But he's a guy and there's just so much to the female mind/life/mood that he can't understand. My girlfriends, however, get it. For that, I am eternally grateful.

I recently did this tarot card reading thing to try to get some insight about the baby issue (I'm not as newagey as I sound, but I'm pretty open-minded). One of the cards I got was the 8 of coins and I didn't think it fit at all (the others all did quite well). I sent the reading to Giselle and she pointed out that one aspect of that card is not asking for help. Yeah, that's me. I would much prefer to do things myself rather than ask for help. I'm fiercely proud of the fact that even after an epidural, I insisted on putting my own feet in the stirups. With my friends, though, I don't need to ask for help. They know I need it without me having to say a word.

I will be forever grateful for their kind words, hugs, stupid jokes, and even their silence while they let me vent.

No comments: