Friday, September 29, 2006

Tag, I'm it and I'm weird.

YES (fist pump), Tiffany tagged me.

Submitted for your reading pleasure are 5 Weird Things About Me


1. I can crack my ankles. It's an odd party trick and it freaks dh out. Years of dancing left me with strange ankles and toes. All I have to do is roll my feet and my ankles crack. My toes crack too if I just scrunch them up. Funny thing is, I can't crack my knuckles nor can I stand the sound of it when other people do. I have no problem with the noise my ankles and toes make, though.

2. I do not like going into a store if no one else is in there. I have no clue what's up with that, but I always get freaked out if I'm the only one there. It's not so much that I think I'm being watched by the employees (although sometimes, I am). It's just that I don't like to be the only one. Dh thinks I'm strange for that. Hell, I think I'm strange, but it's part of my "Secretly I'm timid" thing.

3. As a child, I was terrified that the Peculiar Purple Pieman of Purcupine Peak was going to appear in my bedroom window. I don't know why he would be there, but I had nightmares of his face popping up in my window. Dude, that guy is creepy as hell to begin with, but when you imagine him suddenly popping up with that scowl and that annoying "Rat a tat tat" thing he used to say, it's damn near enough to make a 4-year-old wet herself.

4. I am one of the heretics who eats Oreos like a normal human being. After years of taking them apart to lick out the cream and leave the cookies, I now just keep the cookie in one piece and take a bite. Yes, I know it's wrong, but I do it anyway. Although, I do try to eat around it so that I get the most cream possible in the last bite. Does that have any redeeming value?

5. My ability to speak/understand foreign languages increases based on the amount of alcohol I've consumed. Apparently, this isn't all that strange. I had friends in college who reported the same phenomenon. Ask me something in French and I'll stumble over my response. Give me a glass or two of wine, though, and I'm fluent as can be. I'll respond without having to give it a second thought. Hmm...should we give all high school foreign language students a swig of something strong before we force them to take one of those anxiety-inducing oral exams? I don't know that it would have helped my language skills back in the day, but it sure as hell would have made my obnoxious French teacher more bearable. :-)

And now I need to tag 5 people. Hmm...I'll e-mail/comment you all personally to be sure you're aware, but I'm gonna say Kamrin, Chris at Squeaky Weasel, dh, Giselle, and Jessi. Now go forth and share your weirdness with us all. If you feel comfortable with it, I'll link back to you.

And hey, huge thanks are extended to Tiffany for tagging me. You rock! :-) FTR, go visit her blog. It's there on the left. Click the link to Sharp Edge. Then again, maybe I shouldn't be near anything remotely sharp given my recent track record. :-)

No comments: