Sunday, September 17, 2006

G-d bless the internet.

I was randomly inspired to write. Yes, I'm writing again. Pick your jaw up off the floor. It hasn't really been that long since I last wrote anything. Okay, yeah, maybe it has been a while. Shock of all shocks, I'm actually writing fiction. I honestly don't remember when the last time was that I wrote anything ficticious. I've mainly written articles over the past few years. I'm pleasantly surprised to find fiction flowing from my fingertips.

I wrote a line that sounded familiar. It was similar to a line from a song. I could hear a small portion of the song along with a few notes in my head. I knew it was a 10,000 Maniacs song, but that's all I knew.

I googled, "10,000 Maniacs lyrics," and scanned through a few songs with no luck. This was driving me crazy. I'm the type of person who has an obsessive personality to begin with, but when you add my desire (no NEED) to have the answer, you get one frustrated woman. So I googled "10,000 Maniacs, " along with the portion of the line I remembered, ("just by feel." ). G-d bless the internet. I found my song.

No comments: