Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Insanity and pictures

My parents are gone. They left today. Insert cricket noises here.

They were immensely helpful. They were baffling. They were insanity invoking. They were trying. They are gone.

I love my parents. I just love them better from a distance.

The very best news of all is that I got a picture of dh. Most of you have no idea just how amazing that is. Remember, I haven't seen my husband in five months. At the gym a few weeks back, I chatted with one woman about our husbands' weights. At one point, I had to say, "But I haven't seen him in four months, so I'm not sure what he weighs now." She couldn't understand why I hadn't seen him (um...Dude, this is a military town. You shouldn't be all that shocked). Most people realize deployments suck, but there are things they often just don't think about. As they climb into bed next to their husbands at night, they don't realize that we go months without ever getting a glimpse of our spouses.

FTR, I happen to think dh looks awfully hot in the picture. Of course I always think he does, but he really does look good in the picture. I'm not talking about "oh how sweet," good or "cute cuddly kitten" good. I'm talking about " Ranting at length about being sexually deprived for your freedom" good.

I have so much more to write about, but I should have been in bed hours ago. I'll give you all the news that's fit to print (or more precisely, blog) at a later date.

1 comment:

Pixie LaRouge said...

I find myself sometimes thinking "I wonder if Reiza-Mara has told dh 'blah blah blah.'" And then I get that little weird feeling. And then I feel bad all over again. I hope his arms hurry back to you. And the rest of him, but he's my brother-in-law, so I don't want to think about that too much. Ick.

ps I think he's darling in that picture. But I'll leave the chesnut-roasting spontanious combustion all to you, as I find him more "awww, he's so cute" than "woo baby."