Thursday, September 28, 2006

Creating and Cat Power

I have the urge to create. Problem is, I don't know what exactly. My desk is completely cluttered with things I intend to use on creative endeavors (along with random paperwork), but I have no clue what to make. I have a collection of beads here that I planned to use on a gift for my niece years ago--two houses and a divorce ago (my sister's not mine. No, I haven't been keeping secrets).

Then again, I could do something completely digital and just print it out. Far less mess that way, but it won't use up this mess...um...er...I mean stash.

Today, I headed over to Jen Caputo's blog and I saw her 2 page layout under the "Just tickled" entry. It's awesome. That gave me some inspiration.

Problem is, I need to get the kids in bed before I can work on anything. :::sigh:::

Oh and file this under "odd." While at Jen's blog, I noticed she scrapped Cat Power. The vast majority of folks in the world have never heard of Cat Power. I, on the other hand, adore her. Right after I noticed that, I headed into the guest room in search of something (never did find it and so I have since forgotten what it was anyway). While there, I found the "You Are Free" CD by none other than Cat Power. I've never actually listened to that one, though. So out of the room it came and it's sitting here beside me waiting for the kids to go to sleep so I can grove to it while creating something.

No comments: