Monday, July 10, 2006

To my sister on what would have been her 7th anniversary.

First and foremost, know you are very loved. You are not alone no matter how you may feel.

I can never know how you're feeling today, but I understand that you're in mourning. Don't let anyone try to force you to "snap out of it." Your life has changed. Your home is gone. A relationship is gone. A friend is gone. The life you once lived is dead. By all means, mourn that loss.

If you need a shoulder, an ear, or a hug, I'll be here for that.

Just please remember that this feeling of loss isn't forever. Don't let the mourning overtake you. Know that there are plenty of people who love you. Your life is not over. You're moving through one phase of it, but remember there are many more to come.

I know that because I know you. I know you are stronger than you may realize.

Things have happened that I can't agree with. You know that. But that doesn't change the fact that I'll be here for you when you need me. I will not judge you. I am NOT mom. When you need me, I'll be here for you. This is your life. You need to find the path that YOU want. That doesn't mean that I won't occasionally tell you, "Dude, cut that the hell out," but I mean that in a loving way. :-)

I'm sorry you have to feel all these things and take this walk. I'm even more sorry you have to do it alone. The rest of us can't go with you, but we'll be here cheering from the sidelines when you need us (and occasionally even when you don't).

I love ya.

No comments: