Saturday, July 29, 2006

From the minds of 4-year-olds

I've had some odd conversations lately. I must share so you can all revel in the oddity.

  • Today, while having dinner at a friend's church (we watched her kids in a super cute musical production of the story of Jonah followed by dinner), Girl1 handed me The Boy's doll and said, "Her name's Sharka because she eats sharks. She eats them for lunch every day." Girl1 later told me, "I'm her mom. The Boy is her dad." I explained, "That's illegal." So she asked, "Do we have a legal too?"

  • The other night, I went in to check on the girls long after they fell asleep. While I was there, I heard Girl2 mutter, "I want to try." She occasionally talks in her sleep and sometimes, if you ask her a question while she's doing it, she'll answer you. So I asked, "What do you want to try?" She tossed a bit, but didn't answer. So I asked again. She said, "No, I DON'T want to try." Then she paused, wrapped her arms around the stuffed camel, and said, "But my camel wants to try. I hope he will wait, though." I still have no idea what he wanted to try, though.

No comments: