Saturday, July 08, 2006

Things that make you go, "AHHHHHHHHH."

Thanks to Windyridge, I read this infuriating entry. Has This Country Gone Completely Insane?

I screamed. I shook my head in disbelief. I sent a link to my husband.

The Daily Show re-aired an older episode last week. I missed it the first time around, but caught it this time. Jon Stewart's guest was Juliet Eilperin, author of Fight Club Politics: How Partisanship Is Poisoning the House of Representatives.

I laughed at the end of their conversation, but I think crying may have been a more appropriate response.

Stewart: So you covering [politics] for 12 years... corrosive to the soul?

Eilperin: Yes. In fact I became so depressed doing it that I focused more on the environment, things like whaling in the North Western Hawaiian Islands, that you did earlier.

Stewart: So you choose to focus on the raping and pillaging of the environment rather than cover politics because...

Eilperin: I find it less depressing.


My thanks are extended to Loaded Mouth because I found the exact text and video there.

No comments: