Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Stars shining bright above you.
Night breezes seem to whisper, "I love you."

When you're alone as blue as can be,
Dream a little dream of me.

I don't know if I was influenced more by that audio clip than I realized, but I dreamed about dh last night. He was home. It was SO REAL. At one point, I even asked, "Is this a dream?" He assured me it was not. I believed him.

My father tells a story about how he once had a dream that his roommate rearranged the furniture. It was so real. When he woke up, everything was back to the way it had been before he went to sleep. His roommate thought he was nuts when he kept asking, "Why is this back here?" It was exactly where it had always been. The dream seemed so real to him, though.

That doesn't happen often at all with me. My dreams are usually so far fetched that I know they're not real. Either that or during the dream, I have the conscious thought, "This is a dream."

I don't remember much about the dream. I remember being in his arms and I remember the kids bouncing around us. I remember dh's presence was so strong.

When I woke up, it took me a moment to realize it had all been a dream. When I did, I was left thinking, "Sonofabitch!"

1 comment:

Katie said...

I've had dreams like this before. Once of my dad and once that I gave birth....