Wednesday, May 31, 2006

If you're gonna "pleasure" your boyfriend in the parking lot at work, bad puns are the least of your worries.

During a meeting with some friends today (yes, it was really a "meeting." We discussed official business. It was NOT an excuse to get together and chat while we let our kids blow off some steam. Nope, it wasn't that at all), I heard about how one friend's husband told her a co-worker was caught um...er....pleasuring her boyfriend in her car in the parking lot AT WORK.

I used to work outside the home and let me tell you, I never once considered starting my day that way--especially not in the parking lot outside my office. Part of that could be because my last job was for a Catholic organization where the grounds were decorated accordingly. It doesn't matter that we're Jewish. When you've got a giant praying statue of Mary staring at you, no one's getting turned on.

Well, anyway, this just fascinated us today during our meeting. A dear friend of mine (who will remain nameless unless she wants to out herself in comments) came up with some fabulous jokes/puns. Here is what I remember:

Things are coming to a head at work.

He's up for the challenge.

Honey, something came up at work today.

Hey, what's up?

So, they called me at work, and I called back "I'm coming.

There you go. Now we can all cringe and secretly giggle to ourselves at the same time.

No comments: