Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day: pools, barbecues, sales and dead soldiers

Remember, Memorial Day is a day dedicated to honoring those who have died in war.

It has come to be a day of sales at the mall, backyard barbecues and the day the local pool officially opens. That is NOT, however, what it's all about.

I hope you all got to go out and enjoy your family in whatever way you like. I hope you got to swim. I hope you enjoyed a burger from the grill. I hope you took time to remember those who have died. I hope you said a prayer for the families they left behind.

This is the first time I've had dh deployed during Memorial Day. So I found this particularly difficult, but very necessary:

CNN: Coming Home

Scroll down. Look on the left. Under Military Families, look for Audio slide show: Wife to Widow with Knock at Door

Even listening to it again, I'm a mess. She just got to the part about seeing him in her dreams and I'm in tears.

1 comment:

Kamrin said...

I love you. I am so sorry he is away. I wish there was something more I could do, or at least be closer to help out.