Thursday, May 18, 2006

Pounding Nails in the Floor with My Forehead

The title is also the title of a one-act play I saw many moons ago when I was in college. I thought it was appropriate.

Dh has been gone for 10 days and today is the first "One of those days." I was doing so well, too. Then my kid ate the DVD box.

Girl2 drives me insane. She constantly has her fingers/toys/anything she can get her hands on in her mouth. As a baby, she ate THROUGH her board books. I kid you not. Those thick board books are missing pages and/or chunks of pages because she literally ate through them. I just figured that's what babies do, they put things in their mouths. Well, she's a big kid now and today, I found she ATE the box for a brand new DVD we just bought. There is a hole in the front from where she ate through the plastic. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Then I go to make dinner and find the chicken is bad. That was all I had planned for dinner. And I really wanted it too. AHHHHHHHHHHH

Then I get 4 letters from our insurance company telling me we've all been assigned to new doctors (aside from dh). After jumping through all the insurance company's hoops, I find our doctor is no longer an approved PCM (and hasn't been since March, but I just got the notice now). The rep from the insurance tells me to call them because maybe they just haven't updated their paperwork. So I do that and yep, it's something like that. I'm told it should be straightened out in about 2 weeks.

In the meantime, our doctors have been changed. I've been assigned to a military doctor. I busted my butt to get to a civilian one in the first place. Now that I've been assigned a military one again, I may not be able to get back to a civilian. The kids shouldn't be a problem, but in order to switch them, I'm gonna have to haul them all in to the office and fill out a ton of paperwork. Yeah, that's an easy feat for the one whose husband is deployed. And JSYK, I will never go back to another military doctor. Long story, but they're awful.

I try calling my mom to bitch to her about this. No answer. I try calling my sister, no answer. I get fed up and decide we're going out to eat. Then I realize that's not an easy task with the boy. He'll want to be held. Usually not a problem when dh is home. We can pass him back and forth. Now, though, it makes eating out nearly impossible if he's awake and trust me, he's going to be awake for a while.

So I think maybe I can have my sister bring my niece over and we'll all order Chinese. So I try calling again and again. No answer.

Then I figure I'll go out on a limb and try another friend. She lives pretty far away and I figured she'd have other plans, but hey, I've gotta do something. So I tried her and got her voicemail too.

I'm assuming everyone else is busy at home with their husbands.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

This is the part where I slam my head into the wall. Excuse me. I'll go do that now.

2 comments:

Kamrin said...

What is hard is when you know they are home, but you can't get them. It wouldn't be "one of those days" if you could reach them! Love, peace, and happines vibes to you!

Anonymous said...

I had that day yesterday and so I know why they were not answering. They were not with their husbands, they were hauling all the kids to the grocery store for more chicken! Only to realize they needed to get gas, then the baby poops, and you have to change the diaper in the parking lot, then kid 2 had a meltdown in the store, and everyone looked at you as you drag your kids out with the bag of chicken. Sigh.