Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Feeling a Little Paranoid? You Will After Reading This.

I have no words.

Wait, that's not true. I have many words, all of them curses.

This is absolutely astonishing and disgusting.

You must go at least browse through this post which points out the huge conflict of interest in some recent breastfeeding studies.

To answer the question she poses at the end, yes, I do boycott Nestle and yes, I can say that I haven't bought any of those brands in the past week. I haven't bought any in a while. It's not easy, though. As my husband likes to point out, "Nestle is taking over the world."

1 comment:

Pixie LaRouge said...

Oh. My. Holy. Hell. My mouth is hanging open. Literally hanging open. WTF kind of bullshit is that?! (pardon my language, but this is the kind of thing to get my dander up and my potty mouth going)

A FORMULA company, several formula companies, in fact, if I read the thing right, are trying to tell people breastfeeding isn't really all that good? And people are LISTENING?! Ya know, it's interesting that independant studies had to be done on the efficacy of condoms before prophalactic companies were allowed to put the failure statistics on the box. And yet we let people who profit off of feeding babies altered cow's milk tell about the lack of benifits of mother's milk. What. The. Hell.

I really am begining to believe in evil corporate conspiracies. One of these days I'll tell you the theory about the drug companies and the music industry.