Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My day in photographs
(from playgrounds to coffins)



We had recess today. I rounded up the kids, went out to lunch with a friend and then headed to the park. I happened to have a camera along, so in addition to the loads of photos of cute kids (which I don't share here, sorry), I got a few random ones (and one baffling one) to share.

This park photo is courtesy of Girl2. I love those bright colors and the funky angle.

I really like this particular park. It's a bit of a drive from my house, but it's not awful. I adore the park. It has lots to do for the big and little ones plus it's somewhat handicapped accessible. It's not as accessible as some, but there is firm ground on a good portion of the equiptment. That's good news for TheBoy who refuses to walk on mulch.
















While on the way home, I snapped this shot. It was the coffin that initially caught my eye. Not only is it a coffin, it's a coffin OUTSIDE A PAWN SHOP. WTF? Luckily, I was stopped at a light, so I grabbed my camera and took this picture. When I showed dh, he was amused by the sign stating, "We loan more." I'm more amused by the "No smoking" sign just a few feet away from the coffin.

1 comment:

tg said...

WTF!? I mean, seriously, who pawns a coffin?! I totally missed that when we were driving by. Probably because The Boy was STILL screaming in the backseat about the pants issue.