Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I Yid it myself.

Fabulous fabulous FABULOUS post over at Jewschool.

I absolutely LOVE the point made. I never really thought of it that way. I lament having to wait for packages of Kosher for Passover matzah shipped from my parents each year. I complain because the military has left us in a place where not only are our fellow Jews few and far between, but some of the goyim is particularly goyish. Dh has always taken issue with the fact that he never had off from school for Rosh Hashanah (I always did when I was in public school). I thought I wanted to send our children to a day school. I didn't. We homeschool. And yes, Judaism is a big part of our school day, but I get the chance to really explain it to them--to their hearts and souls and to answer their questions as per my understanding.

I do tend to march to the beat of my own drum, but I never really thought about how being outside the larger Jewish community really allows that to shine.

So, many thanks are extended for helping me to open my eyes and see things in a new way.

FTR: Yid means Jew and a goy (plural: goyim) is a non-Jew.

No comments: