Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Quotation Wednesday continued: Celebrity WTF edition

I just read an article about Jamie Lynn Spears' pregnancy that had a few gems that were so awe-inspiring that, for the first time ever, I had to do TWO Quotation Wednesday posts.


Jamie Lynn Spears Says She's Pregnant

This is why it's bad that Louisiana provides no sex education at all in school (and, as a result, they have the highest teen pregnancy rate):

"It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected," she said. "I was in complete and total shock and so was he."

Really, it was a shock? Is it also a shock that 2+2 equals 4? So this is how abstinence only programs work.

What message does she want to send to other teens about premarital sex? "I definitely don't think it's something you should do; it's better to wait," she told the magazine. "But I can't be judgmental because it's a position I put myself in."

Insert your own joke.


Jamie Lynn plans to raise the baby in her home state of Louisiana - "so it can have a normal family life."
No offense intended to the fine state of Louisiana, but I have a few things to add.
#1. Define "normal."
#2. Yeah, that worked SO well for the Spears family.
#3. Let me remind you that one definition of "Insanity" is "Repeating the same behavior expecting different results." Of course, if grandma doesn't sell this baby out, it won't be the same behavior, so I suppose it could lead to a different result. I doubt that'll be an option, though.


Nickelodeon released a statement: "We respect Jamie Lynn's decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation...."
(my ad-lib) Although we at Nickelodeon really would have preferred it if the young Ms. Spears had taken responsibility about 12 weeks ago.

No comments: