Thursday, December 06, 2007

False advertising

What in the world are the folks at Back to Basics Toys thinking?

They labeled this costume as "Country Girl." WHAT?

This beautiful Costume Dress will transform your child to a whole new world as she plays as a Country Girl working on the farm with her favorite dolls and animals.

Only if her country is Stawberryland and her animals include a cat named Custard, Marza Panda, Parfait Parrot and Eclair the Poodle.

Why are earth are they trying to hide the fact that that is Strawberry Shortcake? I had that costume. I wore it 2 years in a row. I had more Strawberry Shortcake toys than any three kids could need. My worst recurring nightmare was the the Pecular Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak (yes, I did just sing that as I typed) was going to appear at my bedroom window to take me away (yes, seriously).

Why, oh why are they denying Ms. Shortcake the proper fame which is her due? Just because we didn't like what we wore during the 70s doesn't mean we get to pretend they never existed.

FTR, 2007 marked Strawberry Shortcake's 30th birthday. And how do we celebrate the event? By denying her existence. Pardon me while I growl at those toy folks.

No comments: