Wednesday, May 30, 2007

People on this blog are much happier than they appear.

I know I tend to come across as quite the misanthrop on here. I swear that's not the case. To prove it, here's a list of things that make me happy.

1. Starbucks. More precisely, mocha frappacinos.

2. Kid giggles

3. Taking a break from my busy day to lie in bed and nurse the baby

4. animals. We came much too close to adopting another cat last weekend.

5. my pillow

6. music from the early 90s (think Liz Phair, Belly, the Breeders)

7. watching my kids work together

8. Chinese food

9. books, books and more books. To quote my sister, " If it has words and holds still long enough, I'll read it."

10. The designs here and here. No particular reason. I just like 'em.

11. the Internet

12. Old friends

13. cartwheels

14. Being in one of my moods. If said mood was induced by alcohol, this will most likely be combined with #13.

15. Blackberry Merlot

16. Someone who can finish your sentences and hear what you meant, not necessarily what you said.

17. When kids say/do things that may embarrass you at the time, but you crack up over later.

18. Photographs

19. Laughing. I don't care why I'm doing it, as long as I am.

20. Good company. Combine this one with #19 and I'm in heaven.

There ya go. That's my random feel-good post of the day/week/month.

No comments: