Wednesday, May 16, 2007

When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely. I just stick up my chin and grin and say, "The sun'll come out tomorrow."

I'm feeling a bit better today. I still think I'm far too big*, but at least I have a plan of action.

Went to the gym and vented to one friend who has lost 70+ pounds. She hugged me. Vented to another friend who's in a similar situation (unexplained weight gain despite working out really hard and she eats SO well), but she's skinny. Well, she's muscular and healthy, not anorexic or anything of the sort, but she's thin and she looks great.

She's a great influence on me. I was at the point where I was so depressed that I wanted to curl up and cry and just screw it all. She's at the point where she's pissed and she's not gonna take it anymore. We're motivating each other to do more. She's motivating me more directly, "Let's do another set with that ung-dly heavy weight," where as I'm motivating her just by giving her someone to hold her accountable. So far, it's working well. We just need to keep it up. I have every intention to do just that.

* I need to point out that the way I feel about MY body is not a reflection of the way I feel about anyone else's. I'm just saying that I'm not comfortable with the size I am currently.

No comments: