Friday, June 09, 2006

Summer move forward and stitch me the fabric of fall (aka 1 down, 5 to go)."*

One month down. YES!

At least five more to go. SONOFABITCH!

So far, though, not bad.

The rest of this month should fly by. We're going on vacation next week. My parents will be visiting for a while. Plus the girls have their dance recital.

Although, at the end of the month looms our wedding anniversary. This won't be the first time we're apart for it, but it's like going to the gynecologist--just because you've put your feet in those stirups and shimmied your stark-naked behind to the edge of the table countless times before, that doesn't make it any less awkward/annoying/horrifying.

Wait, I just compared my anniversary to a gyn visit. Well, that's not good! I didn't mean it that way. Hopefully you followed my train of logic. If not, look, that's me waving as I pass you by.

I hope the month goes quickly. I want the whole blasted summer (and the freaking 100 degree heat it felt compelled to send along ahead) to end quickly so we're closer to dh's homecoming. That's a huge deal for me. I LOVE the summer. Yet here I am urging it to pick up its toys and go home (nod to Kamrin 'cause I just used her line).

Today I hear from dh that right now, they're planning on coming home the beginning of December. Nothing's set in stone (I never trust military dates until dh is actually on the plane), but it's looking like they'll be there a bit later than expected. I know it's not a huge deal, but it's longer and then we run the risk of dh missing some more very important dates.

He's already missed so much. We miss him so much.

I've gotten very good at the day-in/day-out stuff. I know full-well that I don't "need," dh for any of that. But every time we're apart, I'm reminded just how much I WANT him as a part of my life. And I know equally well that feeling this way about him is something to be celebrated.

*Title is the opening line from Vienna Teng's "Drought."

No comments: