Wednesday, June 14, 2006

And to you other kids all across the land,
There's no need to argue. Parents just don't understand.

The parents come for a visit tomorrow. Then we all leave for Florida on Friday. Fear not, we return on the 20th. Then my parents are staying through the 25th. I'm actually really looking forward to it, but I'm dreading it as well.

Time will only tell if all of us will survive the visit. I adore my parents, but we also love the distance.

Lorelai Gilmore said it best on a recent episode of Gilmore Girls (I'm a dork, but I'm enamored with that show). She went on a rant about the 30 mile buffer between her and her parents. I'm paraphrasing, but this is the gist of her rant specifically about her mother,

That buffer is the only thing that keeps me from killing her. I get in the car with every intention of killing her, but 20 miles out, I see a mall or something and get sidetracked. Without that 30 mile buffer, I'll have Nancy Grace camped out on my front lawn.

Yeah, what she said. So let's hope we all survive this visit and come out the other side without physically maiming anyone. Is that too much to ask?

I'm planning on having a good time, though. It's not often I get to see the parents & they haven't seen the boy since he was a month old, so I can't wait for them to see what a cute sweet little chub-a-bub he has become. Plus the girls just adore them & they're so excited to see them again. So we'll hope for the best and take comfort in the fact that if there's conflict, then hey, I'll have something to blog about. :-)

No comments: