Sunday, June 04, 2006

Don't drink and blog.

I had to resist the urge to blog last night. Yesterday that aforementioned friend came for a visit. Yes, she did come bearing alcohol. While not drunk, I was buzzed.

I had the urge to write (both to blog and to write a rambling love letter to my husband). Luckily, my urge to sleep won out. I know better.

Some years ago, I remember struggling in vain to keep a certain someone who will NOT remain nameless (Hi, Katie) from embarking on yet another drunk dial. I also remember insisting the ceiling was Hebrew (to a buzzed me, the popcorn ceiling looked like Hebrew text). But I wasn't calling anyone to share that news with them. Let's pause here so I can stick my tongue out at Katie.

And so I've learned not to do anything that will leave a lasting impression when I've been drinking. And that, my friends, is why I didn't hit the blog last night. There's no telling how many of you would have read it before I had a chance to pull down whatever stupid thing I had posted.

2 comments:

Katie said...

drunk bowling...in hebrew...good times. Those were the days. Luckily I don't drunk dial. Haven't done it in over 2 years.

Pixie LaRouge said...

And I didn't even get the drunk dial. What kind of sister are you?!