Friday, August 11, 2006

Misty water-colored memories...

One big part of military life is the red tape. So we went yesterday to do the insurance shuffle. It's a not so fun little dance that they make us do every so often for stupid reasons. Oh, it's tons of fun for the whole family, especially when one of those family members was supposed to fall asleep in the car on the way there, but has refused to do so and is cranky and tired while you try to fill out said mountains of paperwork. Happy happy, joy joy!

Anyhow, at one point, I stood next to a man in uniform. The Boy was absolutely fixated. I could not get him to turn away from that guy for any amount of money. I said out loud, "You can't remember. He's been gone since you were 4 months old." It would seem, however, that The Boy does remember.

I'm happy he really does remember, but it breaks my heart for oh so many reasons.

No comments: