Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Another gem from Vienna Teng

I'm a posting fool today.

I've been listening to a lot of Vienna Teng once again (took Waking Hour out of the CD player for a few weeks, but it's back now). Looking through her lyrics, this from Eric's Song really struck me:

strange how certain the journey
time unfolds the petals for our eyes to see
strange how this journey's hurting
in ways we accept as part of fate's decree

And I just love the last verse. I think it's pertinent.

so we just hold on fast
acknowledge the past
as lessons exquisitely crafted
painstakingly drafted
to carve us as instruments
that play the music of life
for we don't realize
our faith in the prize
unless it's been somehow elusive
how swiftly we choose it
the sacred simplicity
of you at my side

No comments: