Sunday, August 20, 2006

Here I am.

I'm back. I'm not sure to what degree I'm back, but I'm here.

I've written a few posts that I saved as drafts. I just published them.

An update:

I called to bail on that friend who asked me to watch her kids that day. Things were just too stressful. She gracefully accepted the fact I was letting her down and then she decided to throw her weight around where it didn't belong. She insisted if I continue homeschooling my children, my sanity will be at stake. How she thinks 3 hours of pre-school is going to magically save my life, I don't know. Or maybe she thinks the fight to get my kids into Kindergarten would be "fun" for my sanity (the girls are 4, but we've been doing a K curriculum. No public school here will take 4-year-olds into K without a fight). Either way, she was abrasive and intrusive. When I hung up with her, I called other friends and screamed about the situation. I love my friends. They raised some fabulous points about why the "Public schools will save your sanity" train of thought didn't work.

Another friend of mine stopped by on her move cross-country. She and her new husband (who I adore) stayed the night. We had a great time.

I'll save the discussion as to why I went on hiatus for another entry, another LONG entry.

No comments: