Monday, November 05, 2007

Quotation Monday

Yeah, I think it was originally supposed to be quotation Wednesday, but I never kept up with it. So here's a random quotation entry.

After returning from a much-loved and sorely missed mass of family, I've been wading through quotations about family, so I'll share some with you:

"No matter what you've done for yourself or for humanity, if you can't look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?"-- Elbert Hubbard

"The great gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you." ~Kendall Hailey, The Day I Became an Autodidact

"We cannot destroy kindred: our chains stretch a little sometimes, but they never break." -- Marquise de Sévigné

"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories? "-- George Eliot

Nobody's family can hang out the sign, "Nothing the matter here." -Chinese proverb

"Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present and future."--Gail Lumet Buckley

" The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life."--Richard Bach

1 comment:

come running said...

I just found your blog and I'm really enjoying it. I added you to my blogroll would you do the same.

Quotation Monday/Wednesday is such a great idea!!!! I think I'm going to take one from today to keep put on the quotations area of my blog.
Thanks!!
btw-www.dreamsofwho.blogspot.com