Friday, November 30, 2007

It's Time to Make the Sushi.

I can't sleep. So what's any normal person to do when insomnia strikes? I don't know what normal people do, but I know I made sushi--at least some of the felt variety.

Remember, one of the things I wanted to make for the big kids this Chanukah is felt sushi. I combined the pattern I mentioned there with Lilly Bean's felt sushi (also linked on that post). I didn't even bother with the avocado the way the tutorial explains it. I just stitched a pile of green scraps together quickly. The whole project was super quick. It's probably the easiest felt food I've made thus far.

In the real world, we usually stick to the vegetable rolls, so I went with green in the middle to mimic any sort of vegetable. If I had a lighter green, I would have added that too. When I make these for friends, I think I'll use a mix of colors for those not bound by kashrut.




That was supposed to be the back, but with the (horribly sloppy) stitching, it looks much more like rice. In the future, I'll sew 2 pieces together on all 4 sides rather than creating a tube and only sewing on 3.

I've been craving sushi from one of my favorite restaurants. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. It's not helping my sushi lust.

At least I have something to show for my insomnia--and that something is faux sushi. :) I do so love my felt sushi. :)

1 comment:

Phyllis Sommer said...

how cool is that! yes, i do crazy things when i can't sleep too but i've never made sushi (grin)...

thanks for visiting the chanukah countdown party and linking up! come back all week for more chances to win my chanukah giveaway...happy chanukah!