Sunday, October 29, 2006

Mild panic sets in

I'm beginning to panic.

I don't know how much of it is stress, how much of it is not getting enough sleep, or how much of it is just the fact that I'm pretty sure I'm certifiably insane.

Dh is due home very soon, but there's too much to do.

The house is a pit. I need to dye my hair again and then get it cut before dh comes home. I promised the girls a manicure before daddy gets home if they'd stop biting their nails already. Not that they have stopped biting their nails, mind you, but I figure they can get manicures while I'm getting my hair cut. Although, that still leaves the boy and if I'm in the high up chair with a drape on getting my hair chopped, I won't be able to wrangle him.

This week is busy as hell. I usually turn to my sister for help, but she's back in school and ballancing all sorts of stuff. So she's not terribly available.

How the hell am I gonna get everything done? I don't think my expectations are unrealistic. I'm not planning on completely repainting every exposed surface in the house before dh's impending arrival. I just want to clean. There's a thick layer of dust on everything of which I'm not a fan. The kids' too small clothes are all over the place that need to be packed away. While I'm doing that, I have to talk myself out of a dive into DepressionVille while I ask myself, "Why am I packing these away? Why not just sell them? We're done anyway." I have clothes scattered everywhere. About 2 weeks' worth of mail is scattered randomly throughout the house. The carpets need to be shampooed because the damn cat threw up in not one, but TWO rooms. The rocking chair has been completely useless for a month now because when I repainted that room last month, I piled a bunch of stuff on there and have yet to take it off.

I don't have any huge projects to accomplish, but there are lots and lots of little things.

I'm just feeling like I'm never gonna get this done. And so, the panic has set in.

1 comment:

tg said...

Hey, don't forget I said that I'm coming over Friday (or whichever day works out better for you) to watch the kids while you go out.