Sunday, October 29, 2006

A deep-seeded hatred

My children hate me.

Yesterday, The Boy woke up at promptly 5 am. He usually sleeps straight through the night, so when I stayed up until 1, I didn't think much of it. Well, even after nursing, he refused to go to sleep. Then he woke his sisters up. While he fell back to sleep before 6 am, his sisters woke up shortly after 5 and were up for good.

I am NOT a morning person. I usually try to stay in bed until at least 8 am. Since I went to bed at 1 and the kids were up for good at 5, I got 4 hours of sleep.

But hey, the clocks go back. I get an extra hour. I could deal. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I was going to nap when The Boy did, but of course I wasn't tired then. When I finally started to feel tired, he woke up.

I had to stay up last night doing laundry (it was Shabbat, so I couldn't do the cleaning during the day), so I didn't get to bed until after 11 (I planned on going to bed around 8 or 9 to catch up on lost sleep). Still, the thought of that extra hour comforted me.

My children, however, had other ideas. The Boy was up before 5. He took a while to go back to sleep and woke the sisters up. They not only refused to go back to sleep, but started opening and closing their door repeatedly (their room is right next to mine and I'm sensitized to the sound of that door. My mommy sensor goes off every time it opens or closes and that completely rouses me from sleep).

I tried laying down with the girls in hopes that my presence would force them to SHUT THE HELL UP AND STAY STILL. It actually did accomplish that, but Girl2 is stuffy. She couldn't fall back to sleep and her sniffling kept me up. So I went back to my room assuming the girls were calm enough and close enough to sleep. WRONG. They were instantly up and bouncing. Then they woke The Boy up.

I turned up the heat and started a hot bath in the hopes that by the time I was done with a bath, everyone would be asleep and I could do the same. No such luck.

I'm ready to throttle them all.

I NEED TO GET SOME FUCKING SLEEP!

No comments: