Thursday, January 10, 2008

Contemporary Christian Music Scares Me,but not nearly as much as big corporations

Thanks to late night commercials, this Jew recognizes far too many of the songs referenced here:



I often complain about corporations taking over the world. The PapaJohns.com Bowl? Seriously? WTF?

When I was a kid, the local sports arena was just known as "The Arena." It was actually named for a corrupt dead politician, but no one referred to it as such. When I was a teenager, it became "Big Corporation Arena." Just recently, when we went to visit, I found it's now "Another Corporation I Never Realized Was Large Enough to Buy a Sports Complex Arena."

Now, American landmarks are no longer named for their location or historical context. They've been prostituted to large corporations. The South West Airlines Grand Canon or the Liberty Mutual Liberty Bell probably aren't far away.

No comments: