Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Anxiously awaiting this evening's Daily Show

Last night, after the State of the Union wrapped up, I turned to dh and said, "I can't wait to see Jon Stewart's commentary on tomorrow's Daily Show."

FTR, we actually had the speech on last night. I haven't done that since the State of the Union in '03, when dh was deployed to the Middle East for the first time. I found myself screaming and crying at the out-right lies.

This time, I made it through by basically having it on as background noise. Although, I did have a few choice words for the president, especially when he insisted he wants more funding for the military. Um...you got it, now where's that safety gear they were promised years ago? My very quiet dh even chastised Bush a few times and my husband is not one to do that.

Sometimes, I forget how very angry and insulted this administration makes him feel. He's quiet about it. He doesn't complain. Although, the fact that he gave up his career, job security, and retirement as a result of the current administration should really have clued me in.

No comments: