Sunday, August 03, 2008

Not again.

We've been asked to keep this quiet from family, so I'm only posting details here where that part of the family doesn't visit (at least as far as I know. Please, G-d don't let them know about this place).

My MIL called today to tell dh that his father has prostate cancer.

My initial reaction was absolute shock. I wanted to cry. I wanted to hug my husband. It didn't help that we were in the middle of Target at the time. Great place to raid the dollar spot or find a cute top, but not the best place for a breakdown.

Now, my thoughts are, "Not again. Please, G-d, not again."

Mi-sheberakh

Mi-sheberakh avoteinu v’imoteinu, Avraham v’Sarah, Yitzhak v’Rivkah, Ya’akov, Rachel v’Leah hu y’varekh et Ezra Ben Avraham v’yavi aleihem refuat hanefesh u’refuat haguf yachad im kol cholei amo Yisrael. Barukh atah Hashem, rofeh ha’cholim.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so sorry sweetie. I am here if you need me :(

tg said...

I am keeping you in our prayers. I am hoping and praying that the diagnosis was made early enough that he has a complete recovery.

Phyllis Sommer said...

thinking of you...praying for you and your family.

Suburban Correspondent said...

Depending on how early they catch it, prostate cancer is fairly curable (if that's any comfort). Hang in there.

Wandered over from Fairy OddMother...