Monday, March 24, 2008

This is why I believe in early potty training

So I don't have to endure this shit (no pun intended).



All my kids trained when they were too young to understand any of this. Although, I'm an adult and it baffles me.

I must admit that we did lose whatever scrap of dignity we had left during potty training. I can STILL recite the damn Potty Book For Girls from memory.

"Hello my name is Hannah. I have lots of fun each day, but first I need my diaper changed so I can go and play...."

I can recite nearly the entire book. And no, TheBoy did NOT get the boy's version of the same book. He had to deal with his sisters' girl's copy. We did, however, introduce him to the concept with a plastic boy doll, but that's only because we had to toss the doll his sisters used because they shoved food down it's mouth which I couldn't extract. I'm not leaving that thing lying around to attract bugs.

Once again, I extend my deepest thanks to my children for figuring out the whole potty training thing before we could get into any of this scary stuff.

Oh and am I the only one who thinks the kid in the end is going to sue his parents when he grows up over the fact that he will forever be known as the pooping kid?

Video found at Fist of Blog

No comments: