Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Sharing time
Who are the people in your neighborhood?

sing it with me now:

in your neighborhood
in your neigh-bor-hood, yeah
Who are the people in you‘re neighborhood?
They're the people that you meet when you're walking down the street,
they're the people that you meet each day.

Yeah, I realize that will be stuck in your head all day. No, I'm not particularly sorry about that. Sit down and shut up before I bust into the opening song from Tiny Tune Adventures, that obnoxious Lambchop song or the Caillou theme.

Anyway, let's get back on track. I want to have another sharing time entry. Let me explain why.

Every day, I see this elderly man walking with his dog. The man is always decked out in clothing supporting a local college team. I see him every day regardless of the weather. He's quite the fixture around here. I've even seen him on the weekends.

Well, the other day, I pulled up in front of the gym to unload the wee ones. He happened to be walking by at that moment and stopped to chat. He's such a sweet man. Turns out, he walks 7 miles every single day. Oh and he's 91. I'll give you a moment to pick your jaw up off the floor because I sure as hell needed it. 91? And he walks 7 miles a day every single day regardless of the conditions? Someone pass the cape because he's my new hero.

So now, for this installment of sharing time, I want everyone to blog about someone. Don't just leave it in my comments, create an entry on your blog, but please do leave a comment letting me know if you played the game so I can go over and read yours. You can pick anyone that you've noticed lately. Maybe it's a new co-worker. Maybe it's another mom from playgroup whose style (and that can be in relation to clothing, parenting, or just personality) you admire. Maybe it's your best friend. Maybe it's the bag boy at the supermarket. Maybe it's the guy who stopped to let you in on the road (pardon me while I bust into, "I'd like to thank you, whoever you are, you let me change lanes while I was driving in my car." I don't care if it's your very best friend or a random person you know nothing about, but find intriguing. Just go forth and blog.

1 comment:

tg said...

Hey there. I blogged about my MIL for this challenge.