Monday, January 22, 2007

Too smart for OUR good.

While we were sitting at the restaurant waiting for our food, The Boy started signing "Please," so I shared my water with him. Soon, though, it became apparent that he was hungry. Water was just not cutting it for him. I told him the food would come soon, but he was still annoyed. Finally, I told him, "I have no food. What do you want me to do? There's no food." It was then that he pointed over to a recently vacated table, still loaded with leftover food and said, "Right dare."

Last week, we were in a store and dh couldn't find me. He was holding The Boy at the time and dh asked out loud, "Where is your mother?" The Boy pointed and said, "Right dare." Sure enough, dh walked in the direction The Boy had pointed and there I was. When dh told me what had happened, he misquoted the baby. Dh told me The Boy said, 'Over dare." Well, The Boy (who was still in dh's arms) points right at me and says "RIGHT dare," with an emphasis on the word "Right (as should be evident by my use of caps)."

The baby corrected his father.

This kid is too freaking smart for our own good.

1 comment:

tg said...

Oh no! You have one too!! We have to stick together or they'll take over.