Thursday, January 25, 2007

I fought the curb and the curb won.

This could also be titled:
When concrete attacks
or
Oy Vey.

I'm taking a page from The House That Jack Built. or perhaps I'm thinking of Bringing the rain to Kapiti Plain . Either way, follow along.

This is the zoo where we went today (I purposely covered the sign 'cause I like to at least try to keep my location fairly ambiguous. Although, I must give credit where it's due and tell you I didn't take this picture. I stole it from someone else's site and then altered it).


Here are the elephants playing in the zoo where we went today.

Okay, so I admit I didn't actually get a picture of the elephants. You can all deal.

Here is the elephant statue where I took pictures of the big kids across from the elephants playing at the zoo where we went today.



Here is the curb that I tripped over and sprained my freaking ankle just after taking a picture of the kids by the elephant statue across from the elephants playing at the zoo where we went today.



Here are the giraffes that I managed to walk to insisting I was fine until my ankle hurt too badly to go on a long ways away from the sonofabitch curb that attacked me just after taking a picture of the kids by the elephant statue across from the elephants playing at the zoo where we went today.

This is the ankle all swollen and sore which achingly carried me all the way back to the car from the giraffes that I managed to walk to insisting I was fine until my ankle hurt too badly to go on a long ways away from that evil evil curb which damn near tried to kill me just after I took a picture of the kids by the elephant statue across from the elephants playing at the zoo where we went today.



There's no picture of me all embarassed and annoyed because it's all myown damn fault that I injured my freaking ankle all swollen and sore which achingly carried me all the way back to the car from the giraffes that I managed to walk to insisting I was fine until my ankle hurt too badly to go on a long ways away from that wicked evil curb of death just after I took a picture of the kids by the elephant statue across from the elephants playing at the zoo where we went today.

To be continued...

FTR: Yes, I did go back and purposely take pictures of the statue sans kidlets and that CURB OF DEATH. The only thing that kept me from crying as I was hobbling my way to my car was the thought, "I'm so going to blog this."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH, no! Darn curb. ((hugs))

Is it really wrong of me to look at the pic of your swollen ankle and almost immediately think about how cute your shoes and socks are?? :)

Leah
http://halfwayhip.typepad.com