Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Barber, baby, bubbles and a bumble bee

Once again, my gratitude is extended to Dr. Seuss and his insanely addictive ABC book (I swear I can still recite the entire book from memory and my kids haven't touched that book in 2 years).

I've gone back to the gratitude thing which I seem to have abandoned. I got the letter B. Let's begin:

1. Babies: I'm oh so thankful for the one I have and for the fact that we are in fact planning on having another one.

2. Birth: It doesn't have to be an over managed, hospital-bound, illness. It can be a wonderfully empowering thing. For that, I am amazed and oh so thankful. I'm also thrilled that through my belief in birth, I have come to know some wonderful, brilliant, funny determined people who support education about birth. In that breath, I must also say that I'm thankful that medical interventions do exist. I wish they were reserved for when they're truly necessary, but I am glad they are an option. Without them, I would be dead. I am one of the rare few people who apparently does have a bone structure that was too small to allow the size baby I had to pass. Please note, however, that while many doctors use that as a threat for early induction or c-section, it's actually very rare.

3. Bands: Where would we be without music? I can't answer that, but I can assure you that it would be a pretty boring place.

4. Barefoot in the summer: It is simply not summer until I have run barefoot through the yard.

5. Baths: Soaking in a hot bath is heavenly.

6. Bath oil/bubble bath: See above. Even better with sweet scented moisturizing goodness.

7: Beach: I'm a pisces. I love the water. My very favorite place in the world to be is on the beach (although I prefer it when it's warm).

8. Beds: At the end of the day, I'm exhausted. I'm glad there's a nice warm soft place for me to collapse.

9. Bakers: I'm all about the shoes. I got some of my all time favorite shoes from this place when we lived in a different state over 10 years ago. So when I walked into a mall a few weeks ago and saw a Bakers Shoes, I damn near had an orgasm. I love that place.

10. Books: I simply cannot put into words how much I adore books. Other people, however, can.

"I cannot live without books." Thomas Jefferson


"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. Jorge Luis Borges


"The library is the temple of learning, and learning has liberated more people than all the wars in history. Carl Thomas Rowan


"Books may well be the only true magic." Alice Hoffman


"For books are more than books. They are the life, the very heart and core of ages past, the reason why men lived and worked and died, the essence and quintessence of their lives." Amy Lowell

No comments: