Sunday, January 07, 2007

My first lesson of 2007

Here's what I learned thus far this year:

No matter how long or how fast I run on the treadmill, I cannot run away from my problems.

I'm hoping to soon find out if mass quantities of alcohol will help.

Short version of the story, my pelvis is too small.

I shouldn't have let my hopes rise. I should have kept insisting we were just done. But I got ahead of myself and started thinking the test results would have good news. I was wrong.

To be fair, I must say there are some things that can be done to make the likeliehood of a normal delivery more likely, but even if they make a huge difference, there's no guarantee that would be enough. Plus it puts a huge strain on my family and me.

So now I just don't know.

All I know is that I want a drink...

and to kick my pelvis' ass.

But um...yeah. You see the inherent problem here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I want to say is, I understand. I do, for the reasons I do, and I want you to know that I understand.

I'll join you for that drink, just as soon as I'm done with the medication that makes you violently ill if you take in any alcohol. Ergh!

tg said...

I'm so sorry. You're right, this fucking sucks, and I wish like anything your news had been different.

Anonymous said...

Darn pelvis! I am sorry! This does indeed suck big ones!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! That really does suck! Does it provide more of an explanation for things that happened in the previous births?

Virtually kicking that pelvis' ass for you...

Leah