Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Life Lesson #327

When using a neti pot, don't ever do so in a rush. If, you disregard my previous warning, do not, under any circumstances, in your haste, use FAR too much salt.

OH MY STARS AND GARTERS! The pain. The pain is searing and unending.

I learned this horrid lesson by experience the other night. I thought, "I've been doing this long enough. I know what I'm doing. It won't be a problem if I rush."

I'm an idiot.

I used way too much salt. My eyes burned for an hour afterward. My teeth hurt. Dude, my TEETH hurt. WTF? My cheek bones ached. My throat burned. My nose ran like a faucet and wouldn't stop. I wound up having to take a bath and immerse my head under hot water to get any relief.

Please, don't let my stupidity be in vain. Don't make this mistake. Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

3 comments:

tripleZmom said...

This is why I fear the Neti Pot. Because I would totally do this. More than once.

Phyllis Sommer said...

thank you for being the guinea pig. this whole neti pot thing scares me a bit, i haven't gotten up the courage to try it out...

TheFeministBreeder said...

um..WTF? I have never seen or heard of this before now, and I CERTAINLY did NOT expect to see what I saw in that video. um.. I.. um.. um.... yeah.