Friday, September 19, 2008

Here's your sign.

Later today, I will affix a sign to our front door. It will read as follows:

The lady of the house
  • is pregnant and cranky
  • owns a chainsaw
  • never buys anything from door-to-door salespeople
  • is grateful that her husband does all the lawn care.


Do you think it'll keep the solicitors at bay?

I'm kind of annoyed that I'm going all traditional with that last line. The truth is, I started doing the lawn work while dh was deployed years ago and actually liked it, but I haven't done it in a while and I don't see myself doing it until the wee one makes an appearance. So I'll buy into the traditional stereotype if it keeps the morons away.

4 comments:

tg said...

Aw, I didn't know you owned a chainsaw! I wanna see.

TheFeministBreeder said...

Is TrueGreen banging down your door too? God I hate when they come by. It's like a hairdresser saying "you really need me to cut your hair cause you're really looking ugly....no, I'm serious... you're really ugly."

BTW, ignore the "order said..." stuff... I can't figure out how to get logged back in as FemBreeder.

tripleZmom said...

You don't mind if I borrow that sign, do you? I somehow get suckered into buying crap from the neighbor's kids all the time and it's hardly ever Girl Scout cookies!

Molly said...

I think that's a great sign. It will definately keep the sales people away.