Friday, September 19, 2008

Drama llama drive-by



Gah! Oh, the drama! It is unending.

A friend wrote something that bothered me. Now I have no idea what to say or do in response.

I hate when someone is annoyed with me and doesn't give me a chance to explain, so I feel like I should write back and extend that same chance, but I don't want to come across as whiny. A big part of me just wants to let it go. I'm annoyed. So be it. I don't want to start anything. At the same time, I feel like she started something and now I'm hurt.

Why do I feel like I'm back in high school? I hate this petty crap.

4 comments:

tg said...

Hey, if I'm the friend you're mad at, check the original post. It's part of a conversation I'm having with my friends on LJ that I've known for fourteen years. It's not aimed at you. I am pretty sure that you and I both know we're of vastly different opinions on the issue in question, but as far as I'm concerned, I respect you as an intelligent person of good will. We just disagree on this. Probably always have, probably always will. The post was also made before you sent me an email about a real time conversation we had about this issue. And if it's not me, well, sorry I put my foot in my mouth.

Reiza said...

It's not you, Giselle. It's not about that issue at all. It's something that was sent directly to me via e-mail.

tg said...

good to know. I hate drama, too.

Pragmatic Mystic said...

Hon,

First off, *hug* - and I love your title...it's perfect. It's ALWAYS a drive-by, isn't it?

Second, I've learned a new technique (credit: Martha Beck) for dealing with this sort of thing, don't know if it will work here, but it's worth a try:

I'm feeling A, because of B, C, D(concrete examples). Tell me where I'm wrong.

That last sentence is fantastic, because people know you're going to listen and usually drop the drama/defensivenss pretty quickly.

If they don't, then you know you've done the best you can, said your piece and can walk away. Does that help?

Ixx