Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hopping Back on the Wagon of Weight Loss

I'm back on wagon that is weight loss and I'm feeling invigorated. I'm 146 which is a total of 10.8 lbs from when I started WW. I'm making myself exercise. I'm sore and I'm loving it. I love it when I hurt because it reminds me that I actually do have muscles in there plus I'm more likely to work out again when I'm sore because I know continuing to work out is the best way to ease the pain.

Yesterday, a friend said, "Your double chin is gone." I could have kissed her. I had been feeling kind of low since I didn't lose last week and I wasn't as consistent as I wanted to be with my exercise, but her comment was exactly what I needed. It motivated me not only to work out last night, but to exercise longer than I had planned. I only worked out 3 times last week, but I did it, I'm feeling the results and I'm going to keep doing it.

We have family coming out to visit in less than 2 weeks. I really wanted to be down below 140 by then, but I've had to adjust my goals since my weight loss slowed. So, now, the goal is to be at 143 by the time we have visitors. It's going to take some adjusting to keep the weight down because we usually eat out quite a bit when we have visitors. So I'm going to make a point of cooking home for everyone. I figure I can use some Weight Watchers crockpot recipes along with cooking larger portions of the healthier recipes we like.

Purim is only 10 days away. I LOVE Purim. It's one of my favorite holidays. Along with Purim, though, come hamentashen. Those cookies are my favorite Jewish food. The Apricot ones are my absolute favorite. Last year, I couldn't have them because I was pregnant and avoiding carbs. This year, I am so tempted to have a bunch, but I need to remember to do it in moderation. I want to see how much I can tweak the recipes to make them more WW friendly. The ones available at shul during the Purim carnival, though, are sure to be high in fat and calories (and yummy goodness. Yummmmmm. Pardon me while I drool).

So that will be my next challenge.

5 comments:

Heather Griffith Brewer said...

Good job for getting back on the wagon, and good job for not being hard on yourself.
It's so hard to "diet" when you aren't seeing major results...and so hard when you have holidays coming up that offers promises of your own personal crack.
It's funny that you post today, because I was thinking about you last night and wondering if everything was ok. Glad to hear you're good, and that your double chin has gone away.

Stefany said...

The things that other people notice are the best! I am glad that others are seeing your hard work.

Stopping by from team purple...

Stacey @ Say Something Stacey said...

I love that sore from working out! GOod for you for sticking with it!

Go Team Green!

Colleen said...

Congrats on others taking notice...gotta love that feeling!

Yes sore is good...keep it up!

dog training said...

You must be not very hard with you. try be less harder some times.!