Sunday, March 08, 2009

Baby update: Torture me baby one more time

With my son, I lost my mucous plug, my water broke and my labor began all within a few hours. While I had some Braxton Hicks contractions, it was very obvious when real labor began and once it did, it didn't stop until my son was born. There were no questions, no false starts, no doubts.

Two weeks ago, the baby dropped. I recognized the pains and sensations in my hips as the same ones I experienced last time around 2 weeks before my son was born. Last week, the contractions/surges started--real contractions, unmistakable sensations. That was around 6pm. They were 10 minutes apart. We went to bed and they continued. They ranged from 5-20 minutes apart all day and night, from 6pm one evening to about 11 pm the following evening. Dh took time off work. We worked to get the house ready for the midwives. Then the contractions stopped.

Then we did a lot of cursing. As we've been doing ever since. The contractions/surges will pick up only to stop.

I've never experienced anything like this before. I'm doing pretty well working with the surges now (wasn't initially), but it's breaking my heart and frustrating me to no end to have these starts and stops.

It's one thing to work with your body when you know a baby is on the way. It's quite another thing to feel like your body is playing some sort of sadistic trick on you. My life is NOT one of the Saw movies. Please cut that out. I am 9 months pregnant. Now is NOT the time to torture me just to watch the reaction. I can assure you the reaction will involve expletives, whimpering and probably fair amounts of projectiles.

3 comments:

The Library Lady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Library Lady said...

I am thinking all good thoughts for you, your baby and your family. May it be over quickly and safely!

TheFeministBreeder said...

I think this is all good stuff. With Jules, I was having contractions off and on for 2 months - so much so that the doc tried to put me on bedrest, but I settled for modified bedrest so I could still work. Then when the contractions really started, it was zero to 60 almost immediately... and they definitely felt different than the previous month's contractions. Don't worry, this is your body gearing up for the big show, and I bet it will all go very quickly once you're in the thick of it. Hang in there Momma!