Saturday, July 12, 2008

Do you speak Jewish?

I first heard about this language survey over at Jspot.

I took it and I found it fascinating. Who knew that some of my speech quirks are Jewish-related? I realize the Yiddish/Hebrew is pretty obvious (although I have several non-Jewish friends, including a former nun who use Yiddish fairly regularly in their daily speech), but even the way I compose sentences is influenced by Judaism. I had no idea.

The survey was pretty quick (It suggests 15-20 minutes, but it took me about 10 minutes). They're asking for Jews and non-Jews to take it. Some questions were specifically Jewish, but there's always a "None," or "NA" response.

If you have a moment, please go take it. It's pretty interesting. I'm curious about the results.

1 comment:

Robin said...

That was interesting. I too would like to see what the results show. Thanks for sharing the link.