Saturday, October 03, 2009

Mommy Moment Winner



I signed back on after Shabbat to find great news.
Woo hoo. I won. I won.
Future Mama over at Baby Makin Machine has a "Mommy Moment" contest each month (although not this month because she has quite a bit going on with her MOD fundraiser. Go help save babies.).

I entered my post "Restoring my Faith in Humanity" for September and I WON. Yay. Yay. Yay.

This month, the prize was a a diaper bag and matching changing blanket from Couturière. The timing on this couldn't be better. You remember my husband's cousin who is now due ANY DAY? The one who lost her job and was evicted? She bought a diaper bag from someone on Craig's List, but it fell apart before she even got a chance to use it. Things have gotten worse for her and she absolutely cannot afford a diaper bag even though her little boy could arrive at any moment. So I'm going to pass this along to her.

A huge thank you to Future Mama at Baby Makin' Machine and to Kayce from Kayce's Doula Journey who was this month's judge. When I saw, "Doula" in the title, I knew her blog would be right up this birth advocate's alley and I was right. I just added myself to her list of followers.

Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU. What a fabulous way to begin the week!

3 comments:

Stesha said...

That was a nice suprise! How old is your cousin's baby now? I would like to send you a gift to give to her. Just message me on fb.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Kayce said...

Wow, I knew I made the right choice!!!

The post was amazing. My sister in law has two nephews that are deaf and love signing time. They are actually on it lol.

Thank you so much for the post that won. It was just what I think everyone needs to read.

Congrats!!

Jennifer said...

Yay!! Glad you saw you won! I need to get you in touch with Tamara so email me when you can!! babymakingmachine(at)gmail.com

CONGRATS!! :) Great post!