Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Screw Folgers...

The best part of waking up has nothing to do with coffee (pick your jaws up off the floor. I know you must find it shocking that I, of all people, made such a statement). The best part, is in fact, waking up to a smiling baby beside you.

She's only 4 weeks old, but the baby (who I guess should be TheBaby since her big brother is TheBoy) has started smiling. I didn't believe it could be intentional, but she's doing it quite a bit and has started smiling more just this week. They range from cute little grins to those funky-looking, but oh so adorable huge open-mouth smiles.

She's my last baby, so this is the last time I will witness first smiles. I LOVE baby smiles. There's nothing quite like them.

Although, this doesn't mean I've given up on coffee. I'll still take a cup if you're offering. :-)

1 comment:

Phyllis Sommer said...

{{{happy, delighted, and slightly jealous sigh}}} baby smiles...