Thursday, March 25, 2010

Feeling Defeated Until My Pants Start To Fall Down

I haven't lost as much as I had hoped and I've been feeling pretty let down about the whole thing lately. I was considering canceling my Weight Watchers online subscription and throwing in the weight loss towel.

Then I got dressed yesterday. The awesome super cute Target capris I got on sale were very loose--too loose to wear. So I put on a pair of jeans--real jeans, not the elastic waisted maternity ones. They were too big. *Gasp* Today, I put on the pair of jeans I wore to my oldest daughters' birthday party. Back then, I had to use my "sucker-inner" shapewear just to get them closed and even then, I had to hold my breath and lie down. Today, they closed without a problem and I was even able to get them down without unzipping or even unbuttoning them. *Double gasp*

I'm still heavier than I'd like, but this is the first time I'm actually seeing a difference in my body. I think this is the perfect motivation to keep going.

This week, I was down another pound. I'm just over 2 lbs away from having lost 10% of my starting body weight.

Pesach (Passover) starts soon. That's going to make doing WW kind of tricky (I can't find any Kosher for Passover WW foods) on one hand (counting points), but I usually lose a few pounds during Pesach just because my carbs are so limited.

I know it's going to be a stretch, but my goal is going to be 140 or less (I'm 143.6) by the time Pesach ends. Let's see how close I can get.

2 comments:

Suzie said...

Don't give up! I keep checking your blog and using as MY inspiration! Did 6 miles today...and ate ice cream. But at least I got out and moving, right?

Thalassa said...

one reason i don't like scale-based fitness programs is that they totally don't take into account the "reshaping" your body undergoes when you lose significant amounts of weight. i'm glad you got such a visceral reward for your efforts, just when you needed it. when the goal is just to lose 5-10 pounds, then the scale is a fine measure of progress. when the goal is to lose 20 or more, i think you need both scale and tape-measure progress indicators. or, as in your case, finding that your skinny jeans are suddenly baggy. :) hang in there!